Patch Base has the best Alesis Micron editor and librarian available for Mac and iPad. Edit any parameter, organize patches, create random patches, and more.
Program (Voice) Editor
No more menu diving. Edit every voice parameter on your Micron in real-time. Adjust and fine-tune all of the oscillators, filters, envelopes, LFOs, FM routing, effects, and modulation capabilities that the Micron is hiding inside:
- Visualize all of the dozens of parameters in a Micron voice
- Full access to the 12 routings in the Mod Matrix
- Copy/paste envelopes for ease of editing
- Select and edit any of the effects on the 2 separate effects units
- Assign the 3 Knobs on the Micron to practically any parameter
- Visual editing of the Tracking Gen
Edit and organize all of the Micron's 8 Program Banks. While the Micron shows its sounds on-board as an alphabetized list of sounds in categories, internally they are stored in 8 separate banks. Patch Base gives you direct access to these banks, so you can organize them and back them up to files on your device.
for full functionality of the Bank Editor and Table of Contents in Patch Base, an unofficial firmware update is required to your Micron. Please read the Micron Help Page for full details
before deciding to purchase the Micron editor in Patch Base.
- Save your patches and banks as files on your iPad or Mac: Patch Base saves files as sysex that can be sent to your synth by Patch Base or any general-purpose sysex transfer app.
- Organize your sounds: Create folders to organize your patches and banks.
- iCloud integration: Optionally use iCloud to make your patch files accessible on any iCloud-connected device, and to automatically sync files between Patch Base on Mac and iPad.
- Import sysex files: Import existing patch and bank sysex files to Patch Base. On Mac, simply drop your files into the Patch Base browser. On iPad, easily import using iCloud or the Files app.
Patch Base runs on macOS 10.12 and higher. Download it here.