Patch Base has the best Roland JD-800 editor and librarian available for Mac and iPad. Edit any parameter, organize patches, create random patches, and more.
The Roland JD-800 is a powerful multi-timbral keyboard capable of playing 5 voice parts and 1 special setup (rhythm section) at once. Patch Base gives you easy editing of every voice and drum parameter inside the JD-800, enabling you to harness everything this little box can do.
Each Voice in the JD is comprised of 4 Tone layers, each with its own sample, pitch, filter, and amp envelopes, and LFOs. Additionally there is are 7 effects units including chorus, delay, and reverb. Patch Base lets you control all of it:
- Quickly browse all the internal samples in the JD-800
- Easily browse and use the additional sounds on any PCM card you have installed
- View either an entire Tone at once, or "palette" mode letting you see all settings of a particular section (Pitch, Filter, Amp, etc) across all 4 tones
- Copy and paste envelopes for easy editing
- Copy and paste entire Tones to mix and match layers, or thicken up your sounds
- Use any of the effects in the JD, and fine-tune their parameters
- Get a bird's-eye view of the dozens of parameters that make up an JD voice patch
Special Setup Editor
Design your own custom drum kits with Patch Base's Special Setup Editor for the JD-800. Only dedicated menu divers would want to do this without an editor, but with Patch Base, it's simple. You can design 61 separate drum sounds per setup:
- Each drum sound uses its own sample, with tuning and pitch envelope
- Access the multi-mode filter for every sound, with its own envelope
- Copy/paste entire drum sounds to create multiple variations per kit
- Copy/paste envelopes for easy editing
The Parts are where all the parts of the JD-800 come together in Multi mode. With Patch Base you can easily edit all 6 Parts:
- Make high-level sound adjustments to the level and panning
- Set your MIDI Channels and configure outputs for every part
- Edit Effects Mode and Level
Edit and organize the 64 voice patches stored in your JD's memory. Patch Base gives you direct access to the bank, so you can organize patches and back them up to files on your device.
- Save your patches and banks as files on your iPad or Mac: Patch Base saves files as sysex that can be sent to your synth by Patch Base or any general-purpose sysex transfer app.
- Organize your sounds: Create folders to organize your patches and banks.
- iCloud integration: Optionally use iCloud to make your patch files accessible on any iCloud-connected device, and to automatically sync files between Patch Base on Mac and iPad.
- Import sysex files: Import existing patch and bank sysex files to Patch Base. On Mac, simply drop your files into the Patch Base browser. On iPad, easily import using iCloud or the Files app.
Patch Base runs on macOS 10.12 and higher. Download it here.