Roland JX-8P Editor and Librarian
Patch Base has the best Roland JX-8P editor and librarian available for Mac and iPad. Edit any parameter, organize patches, create random patches, and more.
The Roland JX-8P is a classic analog synthesizer from 1985 featuring two oscillators, high- and low-pass filters, two envelopes, two Chorus modes, and more. While it has a great sound and is capable of a wide array of tones, on-board editing is a bit of a pain with a single data slider and membrane buttons. Patch Base gives you easy editing of every voice parameter on the JX-8P, as well as a Tone Bank Editor to back up and organize your sounds.
Tone (Voice) Editor
Patch Base gives you quick, direct access to all of the parameters for JX-8P on one screen:
- Edit both oscillators, the filter, amp, 2 envelopes, LFO, and Chorus in real-time
- Copy and paste envelopes for easy editing
- Get a bird's-eye view of the whole structure of a JX-8P sound
- All of the "Patch" parameters are also on-screen to control Assign Mode, Unison Detuning, Pitch Bend, Portamento, and Aftertouch
- Save Tone and Patch data for a sound to a single file on your iPad or Mac
Tone Bank Editor
Edit and organize the 32 Tones stored in your JX-8P's memory. Patch Base gives you direct access to the bank, so you can organize patches and back them up to files on your device.
- Save your patches and banks as files on your iPad or Mac: Patch Base saves files as sysex that can be sent to your synth by Patch Base or any general-purpose sysex transfer app.
- Organize your sounds: Create folders to organize your patches and banks.
- iCloud integration: Optionally use iCloud to make your patch files accessible on any iCloud-connected device, and to automatically sync files between Patch Base on Mac and iPad.
- Import sysex files: Import existing patch and bank sysex files to Patch Base. On Mac, simply drop your files into the Patch Base browser. On iPad, easily import using iCloud or the Files app.
Patch Base runs on macOS 10.12 and higher. Download it here.