Patch Base has the best Yamaha TX802 editor and librarian available for Mac and iPad. Edit any parameter, organize patches, create random patches, and more.
FM Voice Editor
You don't have to be a wizard to program FM sounds. You just need good controls. Patch Base makes FM easy to work with by showing you the layout of the currently selected algorithm and the envelopes and settings of each operator. You can finally visualize what's going on inside of the TX802, and once you do, it's not that complicated.
- See the layout of the current FM algorithm, with the envelope shapes and ratio settings of each operator
- Copy/paste the settings for entire operators
- Copy/paste envelopes for quick editing
- Easily edit the pitch envelope, LFO settings, portamento, and external control routings
The TX802 can play up to 8 different parts at once, via Performances. Patch Base gives you a single screen to see all of the current Performance settings. Choose your sounds, tuning, levels, MIDI channels, and more to make thicker sounds or multi-part performances.
Patch Base's Bank Editor let you change and organize the saved sounds on your TX802. You can easily save a bank to a file for back up and storage, and import entire new banks in seconds.
- Save your patches and banks as files on your iPad or Mac: Patch Base saves files as sysex that can be sent to your synth by Patch Base or any general-purpose sysex transfer app.
- Organize your sounds: Create folders to organize your patches and banks.
- iCloud integration: Optionally use iCloud to make your patch files accessible on any iCloud-connected device, and to automatically sync files between Patch Base on Mac and iPad.
- Import sysex files: Import existing patch and bank sysex files to Patch Base. On Mac, simply drop your files into the Patch Base browser. On iPad, easily import using iCloud or the Files app.
Patch Base runs on macOS 10.12 and higher. Download it here.