Dave Smith Instruments Evolver Editor and Librarian
Patch Base has the best Dave Smith Instruments Evolver editor and librarian available for Mac and iPad. Edit any parameter, organize patches, create random patches, and more.
Edit every voice parameter on your DSI Evolver in real-time. Adjust and fine-tune all of the oscillators, filters, envelopes, LFOs, FM and Ring Mod, effects, and modulation capabilities in the best Evolver sound editor available:
- Visualize all of the dozens of parameters in an Evolver voice
- Quick editing of all 4 sequencer tracks, with randomization and copy/paste functionality
- Single-page view of all modulation routing, LFOs, and external controls
- Copy/paste envelopes for ease of editing
Edit and organize all of the Evolver's 500+ stored sounds. Patch Base gives you direct access to all 4 banks, so you can organize them and back them up to files on your device.
Did you know that the Evolver can store 32 user-created waveshapes for use in its digital oscillators? Patch Base gives you tools to create and edit these waves. Draw them by hand, create straight lines, randomize all or part of the wave, smooth it out, and shift or scale it. Great for creating new unique tones.
- Save your patches and banks as files on your iPad or Mac: Patch Base saves files as sysex that can be sent to your synth by Patch Base or any general-purpose sysex transfer app.
- Organize your sounds: Create folders to organize your patches and banks.
- iCloud integration: Optionally use iCloud to make your patch files accessible on any iCloud-connected device, and to automatically sync files between Patch Base on Mac and iPad.
- Import sysex files: Import existing patch and bank sysex files to Patch Base. On Mac, simply drop your files into the Patch Base browser. On iPad, easily import using iCloud or the Files app.
Patch Base runs on macOS 10.12 and higher. Download it here.