Patch Base has the best Roland XV-3080 editor and librarian available for Mac and iPad. Edit any parameter, organize patches, create random patches, and more.
The Roland XV-3080 is a powerful multi-timbral synth capable of playing 16 parts at once: each of them either a Patch or a Rhythm kit. Patch Base gives you easy editing of every voice and drum parameter inside the XV, enabling you to harness everything this rack synth can do.
Each Voice in the XV is comprised of 4 Tone layers, each with its own mono or stereo samples, pitch, filter, and amp envelopes, and LFOs. Additionally there is a multi-effects unit, chorus, and reverb, plus deep modulation and control matrix. Patch Base lets you control all of it:
- Quickly browse the 1000+ internal samples in the XV-3080
- Easily browse and use the additional sounds on any SRX or SR-JV cards you have installed
- Copy and paste envelopes for easy editing
- Copy and paste entire Tones to mix and match layers, or thicken up your sounds
- Use any of the dozens of effects in the XV, and fine-tune their parameters
- Use the mod matrix to modulate sounds, and to route your external controls to make your sounds more playable
- Get a bird's-eye view of the hundreds of parameters that make up an XV patch
Design your own custom drum kits with Patch Base's Rhythm Editor for the XV-3080. Only dedicated menu divers would want to do this without an XV editor, but with Patch Base, it's simple. You can design 88 separate drum sounds per kit:
- Each drum sound can have up to 4 layers of stereo sampled drum sounds, each with its own tuning, levels, and coloring
- Access the multi-mode filter for every sound, with its own envelope
- Copy/paste layers from drums, or entire drum sounds to create multiple variations per kit
- Copy/paste envelopes for easy editing
The Performance is where all the parts of the XV-3080 come together. With Patch Base you can easily edit all 16 parts of a Performance, as well as the multi-effects unit, chorus, and reverb:
- Set the part type (Patch or Rhythm) and browse through all of the presets, SRX or SR-JV cards, as well as your own sounds
- Make high-level sound adjustments to the levels, envelopes, tuning (and microtuning), vibrato and more
- Set your MIDI Channels and configure external controls for every part
- Quickly edit every parameter in the Effects section, making it easy to get things exactly right
Edit and organize the 128 patches, 4 drum kits, and 64 performances stored in your XV's memory. Patch Base gives you direct access to the banks, so you can organize patches and back them up to files on your device.
- Save your patches and banks as files on your iPad or Mac: Patch Base saves files as sysex that can be sent to your synth by Patch Base or any general-purpose sysex transfer app.
- Organize your sounds: Create folders to organize your patches and banks.
- iCloud integration: Optionally use iCloud to make your patch files accessible on any iCloud-connected device, and to automatically sync files between Patch Base on Mac and iPad.
- Import sysex files: Import existing patch and bank sysex files to Patch Base. On Mac, simply drop your files into the Patch Base browser. On iPad, easily import using iCloud or the Files app.
Patch Base runs on macOS 10.12 and higher. Download it here.