Patch Base has the best Yamaha TG77 editor and librarian available for Mac and iPad. Edit any parameter, organize patches, create random patches, and more.
AFM/AWM Voice Editor
The Yamaha TG77's voices can have up to 4 separate Elements using AFM (FM) or AWM (sample-based) synthesis. Patch Base makes it easy to visualize and edit each element, as well as the internal effects and controls settings:
- Visualize the current FM algorithm of each AFM element
- Copy/paste the settings for entire FM operators
- Copy/paste envelopes for quick editing
- Easily edit the 2 filters of an element, and copy/paste envelopes as well
- Customize the FM operator routing and feedback levels in one place
- Browse and select from the dozens of available waveforms in AWM elements
- Create custom 61-sound drum kits with the Drum section of the editor
The TG77 can play up to 16 parts at once via Multis. Patch Base shows you the entire Multi in one place for easy editing of sound selection, mixing levels, effects, MIDI channels and more. Quickly create a multi-layered performance for big sounds, or a multi-channel performance using the TG77's 16 parts.
- Quickly browse and select from the 128 presets on the TG77, and your own internally saved sounds
- Easy control of levels, tuning, panning, and audio routing
- View and edit the TG77's effects in one place. Controls are dynamically updated based on the currently selected effects.
The TG77 has Pan envelopes that you can assign to Elements, making them move within the stereo field over time. Patch Base gives you an editor to control these envelopes and save them to the synth's memory.
Patch Base's Bank Editors let you change and organize the saved sounds, multis, and pan envelopes on your TG77. You can easily save a bank to a file for back up and storage, and import entire new banks in seconds.
- Save your patches and banks as files on your iPad or Mac: Patch Base saves files as sysex that can be sent to your synth by Patch Base or any general-purpose sysex transfer app.
- Organize your sounds: Create folders to organize your patches and banks.
- iCloud integration: Optionally use iCloud to make your patch files accessible on any iCloud-connected device, and to automatically sync files between Patch Base on Mac and iPad.
- Import sysex files: Import existing patch and bank sysex files to Patch Base. On Mac, simply drop your files into the Patch Base browser. On iPad, easily import using iCloud or the Files app.
Patch Base runs on macOS 10.13 and higher. Download it here.